My photo
I give a lot of information about myself here, but I'm supposed to remain anonymous. I figure none of you care enough to go to great lengths to figure out who I actually am. I'm at a boarding school. I think in an idealised fashion. Like most people my age, I've decided I'm more fucked up than I actually am. I like texts at midnight but I like getting letters more. I'm more intelligent than I appear on this blog, but I don't try as hard as I need to. I like boys. Try not to expect too much from me, I'm also a total flake.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Give Thanks, Bitches

It was my mom's birthday yesterday.
Like, I know the date, November 24th
And I knew what day it was...
But I didn't really make the connection.


So we had a bunch of pissed off calls yesterday over the unaccompanied minor fee (there is one!) and she was convinced there wasn't. Plus, I don't have a card, so I wouldn't have been able to pay for it, anyway.
Lame.

But yeah, she went
"By the way, you forgot to wish me a happy birthday."
And I, being the quick thinker I am (even though, now, I feel awful about it) went:
"No, today's the 23rd!"


But yeah, apparently today on the shuttle from the school to the airport, it was really awkward for everyone to listen to me talk to my mom on the phone.

I seriously need to work on that.

Um, there's more to write about, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to write about it. And when I am, I might not want to anymore.



Movies with Henry Friday night.

I'm so stressed out about Houston, it's unbelievable.
I have so many errands to complete!



Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, lovers.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving.
or is it merry thanksgiving?

well have a nice thanksgiving.
i hope you get the message :)

Anonymous said...

don't worry..everyone will be so happy to see you.

Thanks for reading.

Anonymous said...

Well..everyone and just about anyone will get in a fix one time or another like Simon.

Anonymous said...

Sending you sweet thoughts about having all the right things to say...heheheheeee...

Happy Turkey & then some.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Have a safe trip. I know your friends..and even Mom..can't wait to see you.

Sydney said...

HELL KNOWS I'M DAMN HAPPY TO SEE YOU! I'VE BEEN CALLING AND TEXTING LIKE A MAD WOMAN!

my mom probably ruined her birthday by bitching to her about how i'm not picking you up from the airport...

UGH SHE IS EMBARRASSING.

ellie said...

Hope you are home now and having a smile with someone.

Alice said...

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU TODAY!!!!

Cait said...

Hey, thanks for the note..yeah, Chris is my beastyboy..hahahahaa...

Livie23 said...

some people I know also forgot their mom's birthday this year. I really cant do that because my mom and I have the same birthday. =] speaking of which, it has to be extra special this year, she turns 50 =] parents just dont get how awkward it really is to be talking to them when there are other people around. Its similar to the feeling you get when you're listening to your ipod on full volume and you suddenly realize that you've been shouting at your best friend who is sitting right next to you on the bus in the morning. lol <=]
pce-love-Liv

Cate said...

Hey, I'm sure things will be okay with your mom... Have a great time at home! And..whatever it is that you didn't write about: If it's something bad, I hope you get it sorted out, and if it's something good, then I'm happy for you!
So! Is Atonement your favourite movie ever? It's my cousin's favourite too. (Or at least one of her favourites) Mine is Lord of the Rings, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

I loved the title to this post. I hope things are looking up for you.

ellie said...

I wasn't so sure how readers would take it. Amanda might not be the most focused in the world. But she's not perfect. & I didn't want the situation to actually go perfect. Actually, I thougth of this line my brother kept saying over and over when my Mom found out his girlfriend was sleeping over in his very very tiny bed. She wasn't really mad, but she knew if his girlfriend didn't leave..her aunt would be calling the police. He just kept saying over and over. "I knew it would be a bad idea..." Unfortunately, my brother never saw her after that.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a great day after Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Ouch about not wishing your Mom a happy birthday... but you sure are a quick thinker!